Investing In Vancleave MS Real Estate
Vancleave, Mississippi is a community located within Jackson County and is a census-- designated place and is on the West Bank of the Pascagoula River, 12 miles North West of Pascagoula which is the county seat. By way of the United States Census Bureau, the number of people that resided in St. Martin was recorded to be 5,586 in 2010. Descendants of the Vancleave family, for whom the community is named after, still live in this area.
Vancleave developed as a community in the early to mid-19th century on Bluff Creek which is a small tributary of the Pascagoula River about 7 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. The community was originally known as Bluff Creek until 1870 when the Postmaster named it Vancleave in honor of a prosperous merchant named Robert Van Cleave who established a trading post on Bluff Creek.
Vancleave continued to be a rural community until the start of World War II after which shipyard workers started to move into this area to build ships that supported the war effort at the local shipyard. The shipyard was Ingalls, which was founded by Bob Ingalls. To this very day, this shipyard is considered to be one of the most important shipyards in the U.S. See for more
Currently, Vancleave is the fastest growing community in Jackson County. Over the past 10 years, the population has grown by 25 percent. Vancleave real estate agent is a bedroom resort community which is near two championship golf courses and many historic properties which are surrounded by bayous and wetlands on three sides.
Vancleave's has an attractive native environment offers numerous possibilities for leisure and also eco-tourism.